We fill the gap between hiring a landscape architect or landscape installer and just asking a neighbor for advice. If you want to do the work yourself, but need some advice and “know how,” contact us. Even if you just need a fresh idea or a new perspective, we can help. We provide help planning, advice on maintenance needs, and a few other contracted services (like plant propagation and referrals).
Your garden should be your retreat, not a place that overwhelms you with the tedium of maintenance. We advocate and use native plants to create sustainable landscaping that supports local biodiversity and water conservation. Our favorite gardens provide a sense of place unique to the Missoula area. We can teach you to maintain your native landscape as an enjoyable activity.
Click here to visit David's blog our home garden.
We provide advice, assessments and recommendations for:
- Landscape planning
- Existing conditions
- Plant species
- Weed control
- Garden design and plans
- Construction and hardscaping
- Maintaining your landscape
- Rainwater harvesting
- Vegetable gardening
- Plant diagnosis
- List of Recommended Products and Vendors
- Wildlife gardening
Our Standard Package:
Site assessment and planning consultation includes:
- One-hour on-site visits
- Landscape assessment and maintenance tips
- Plant species recommendations
- Garden design suggestions
- Simple irrigation solutions
- Landscaping & planting ideas
- Identification of existing trees, shrubs, and plants on the property
- Weed control plan and recommendations
- Wildlife gardening advice
- Follow-up letter with action plan and recommendations
- Bird house construction
- Garden structure construction
- Plant selection assistance (local or mailorder)
- Customized planting suggestions
- Hand tool recommendations and selection assistance
- Other lawn/garden advice as needed
- Tips and ideas for enhancing entries and walkways with plants, lighting, edging materials, mulch choices, etc.
- Low-cost solutions homeowners can implement to maximize curb appeal.
- Weed control plans, including assistance and referrals when appropriate
Our fee: $75/ hour